3550 Benton Street Santa Clara, CA 95051
We are a group of joyful Christians, meeting together in the church in Santa Clara.
We hold the faith which is common to all the believers (Titus 1:4, Jude 3):
- The Bible is the complete divine revelation inspired word by word by God through the Holy Spirit (2 Pet. 1:21, 2 Tim. 3:16)
- God is uniquely one, yet triune – the Father, the Son, and the Spirit (1 Tim. 2:5a, Matt. 28:19)
- The Son of God, even God Himself, was incarnated to be a man by the name of Jesus Christ (John 1:1, John 1:14)
- Christ died on the cross for our sins, shedding His blood for our redemption (1 Pet. 2:24, Eph. 1:7a)
- Christ resurrected from among the dead on the third day (1 Cor. 15:4)
- Christ ascended to the right hand of God to be Lord of all (Acts 1:9, Acts 2:33, Acts 2:36)
- Whenever any person repents to God and believes in the Lord Jesus Christ, he is regenerated (born again) and becomes a living member of the one Body of Christ (Acts 20:21, John 3:3, Eph. 1:22-23, Rom. 12:5)
- Christ is coming again to receive His believers to Himself (1 Thes. 2:19)
The Church in Santa Clara was established in September, 1994, after much prayer and fellowship among its members, and began to meet near Benton St. and Lawrence Expressway in Santa Clara. At that time, the congregation totaled nearly 100 members; there were approximately 50 English-speaking and 50 Chinese-speaking believers who began to meet as the Church in Santa Clara. Since that time, the congregation has enjoyed the rich blessing of the Lord and continues to see a constant increase in membership. In the fall of 1997, a Spanish speaking meeting began in order to accommodate those fluent in Spanish and continues to meet at the Church in San Jose. In 1998, a Korean speaking meeting was added, as well. Today, church membership totals more than 200 functioning members who meet in four different languages to worship and serve the living God.
We are Christians who have received the Lord Jesus Christ and have been regenerated with the very life of God to be His children. According to 2 Peter, we are partakers of the divine nature. As Christians, we are, above all, believers. We believe in the Bible, in God, in Christ, in the Holy Spirit, and in God’s redemption and salvation. Also, we believe that membership in the Body of Christ is based upon regeneration with the divine life and is, therefore, organic.